EMERGING CURATORS PROGRAM CALL FOR CURATORIAL PROPOSALS
DEADLINE: January 15th, 2016, 11:59PM PST
The Asian American Women Artists Association (AAWAA) is currently accepting exhibition proposals for its Emerging Curators Program (ECP) which will culminate in two public multi-disciplinary art exhibits at community spaces in the SF Bay Area in Spring 2016. Through a series of four (4) guided workshops and hands-on assistance, AAWAA provides mentorship and support for exhibition production from start to finish.
Designed to remove barriers to entry for would-be curators, and increase exhibition opportunities for Asian American women artists, the Emerging Curators Program is open to all curators of color of any gender who are interested in curating exhibitions featuring Asian American women artists. We welcome proposals from artists and curators with little or no experience as well as established curators who are new to curating Asian American women focused exhibitions.
- A 300-500 word curatorial proposal highlighting key ideas, themes, and aesthetic vision for an exhibition with at least half of its artworks to be by Asian American women artists
- Applicant’s short biography (250 words max) or resume
- Signed agreement to participate in four (4) ECP workshops (Jan-Feb 2016), exhibition installation, opening reception, and deinstallation (schedule flexible)
- A list of artists and artworks proposed for the exhibition
- Up to 8 images of artwork by artists to be included in the exhibition
- Up to 3 video link urls on publicly hosted sites (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
The AAWAA ECP Committee will review all submitted proposals. Proposals will be judged primarily on the strength and clarity of curatorial concepts and feasibility of successful execution (space/time limitations, etc.) One exhibition proposal with pre-selected artists and one exhibition proposal with no / few pre-selected artists will be chosen.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
All proposals are due January 15th, 2016, 11:59PM PST. Late applications will NOT be accepted.
For more info or questions about the program or the application process, please email Exhibitions Manager Michelle A. Lee at email@example.com for more info.